Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wedding Shower Gift Ideas

Tea Towel Cake
DIY Tea Towel Cake
Great gift idea for a wedding shower. This can also be used as your centerpiece and it's super easy to make.

What You Need
1. Cake Base Board
2. Bendable Cardboard
3. Three Tea Towels
4.  Baking Untensils
5.  Ribbon, Wooden Letter
6.  Acrylic Paint
7.  Hot Glue Gun and Glue
8.  Safety Pins or Pins

Instructions
1.  The first thing I did was paint the cake base board. You don't have to do this, but I think it brightens it up. Then paint your wooden letter to match your cake.
2. Cut two strips using cardboard. The first strip should be around 4 inches wide and 16 inches long. The second strip should be around 6 inches wide and 13 inches long.
3. Bend the first strip into a circle and secure to cake base with hot glue. Repeat this step with the second strip and secure it in the middle.
4.  Fold towels and wrap around cardboard. Secure with pins in the back. Stuff the third towl into the top. You can fluff it up and let it drape over but for this one I just folded it because I wanted the cute design to show!
5.  Now decorate your cake with your letter, ribbon, and utensils. This is the fun part because you can be as creative as you want! I think I got all of my stuff at Hobby Lobby.

Tea Towel Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment